IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Seeking advice / suggestions

My ISP (web-span.com) hosting 5 domains appears to have dissapeared - Andy Grygus has pinged their one DNS which is NS.BETAWEB.COM & it doesn't respond, but their other DNS server does - NS.EZY.NET - all their details incl location
(Salsbury MD are below).

I have phoned their Maryland ph num but got an answer phone. e-mails to the person I believe is the owner wayne@web-sapn.com) get bounced (obviously because no pri DNS).

Service has been very good over the years & Wayne Wright always good to deal with. I would happily stay with his service if this was just an unfortunate equip failure. I am guessing their DNS has now been out for at least a week.

My dilema is whether to assume the wost (web-span gone belly up), assume there is a problem that Wayne is not yet aware of (gone away for a brief period & DNS failed) or that something unfortunate has happed to Wayne & no one is there to take control.

My domains are registered with network solutions & at worst I can approach them to get the links re-directed. (I sent them an e-mail asking if they are aware of any problems with web-span.com but have had no reply other than their usual auto answer.

Any suggestions on a good course of action, are welcomed. I just don't know of any alternative reliable & trustworth ISPs & up until now, after 5 years, have had good support from web-span.

Cheers

Doug Marker

Registrant:
The Wright Connection
PO BOX 3848
Salisbury, MD 21802-3848
US

Domain Name: WEB-SPAN.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
The Wright Connection
Wright, C.W
PO BOX 3848
Salisbury, MD 21802-3848
US
410-742-7333
410-742-7333 [fax]
wayne@WEB-SPAN.COM

Domain created on 08-Apr-1996
Domain expires on 10-Apr-2003
Last updated on 05-Nov-2001

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.EZY.NET 216.231.128.4
NS.BETAWEB.COM 216.231.140.250

New Re: PROBLEM RESOLVED ....

Turned out that the farm that hosts web-span had an overheating problem & two diskdrives in web-span's main server/DNS server cooked.

Wayne had the problem fixed yesterday but was not able to access the server for setting up until today (due to some security access issue).

Is expecting a full recovery & to be back in operation within an hour or two.

Am very pleased it was nothing more serious.

Cheers - Doug Marker
     Seeking advice / suggestions - (dmarker2) - (1)
         Re: PROBLEM RESOLVED .... - (dmarker2)