IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New for what it's worth
We run Windows 7 here at work, so I opened Windows Explorer to create the folder "Data" on the C: drive. Inside that I created "00-LatestData", and inside that I created "AnotherScott".

Went to the Start button, opened a DOS prompt, and entered "cd" to get to the root of C: drive.

Entered "cd data" (without the quotation marks)
Entered "00-LatestData" (without the quotation marks)
Entered "AnotherScott" (without the quotation marks)

Accessing it via DOS worked okay.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New It's not an OS issue, it a python method issue.
The command to change the current working directory doesn't like seeing "\0" in the parameter string. So, you have to do some manipulation, or use the proper routines that take care of it for you.

See above for some solutions.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Not just Python
A C version would lead to some headscratching as you wonder why cwd puts you a level above what you intended.
New Null terminated strings are evil.
Yeah, it's something that made sense at the time when C was designed, but now...

</DonQuixote>

Cheers,
Scott.
     Well that was fun. A NULL in a directory name? - (Another Scott) - (12)
         There is also a difference... - (folkert)
         Re: Well that was fun. A NULL in a directory name? - (mvitale) - (4)
             What Mike said... - (scoenye) - (2)
                 Thanks for the correction. - (Another Scott)
                 Backslashes are for escaping things - (malraux)
             It's an easy fix. - (Another Scott)
         for what it's worth - (lincoln) - (3)
             It's not an OS issue, it a python method issue. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Not just Python - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Null terminated strings are evil. - (Another Scott)
         This is, of course, actually a Windows bug. - (static) - (1)
             Blame Kildall. - (Another Scott)

Shpongle.
64 ms