IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Curious - we've got this happening in Florida...
You can refuse medicaid patients.

Can you refuse patients because they voted for Obama?
http://articles.orla...e-doctor-patients

Can you refuse patients because they have small children and own guns?
http://www.thetrutha...to-see-gun-owner/

<- notes Republicans are all over the place on this.
New I think the standard should be:Default to serve the customer
There are always exceptions that can be envisioned, but I don't think the examples below qualify.

Cassell was basically throwing up political arguments for his wife who was campaigning for office. He said he wasn't refusing to treat anyone - http://www.myfoxorla...ctor-Jack-Cassell

In the Okonkwo case, I think he made a reasonable decision. She says that she refused to answer his questions. It's hard for a physician to treat a patient if the patient doesn't trust him. Threatening to call a lawyer isn't a good move to preserve a doctor-patient relationship, either. It doesn't seem to me to be an issue of gun ownership per-se. This NYT essay indicates that potentially embarrassing questions can be routine in medical exams - http://www.nytimes.c...olicy/09guns.html They didn't get along. She shouldn't be seeing him, and I don't have a problem with him breaking the relationship first.

Of course, Rick Scott and the FL legislature throwing their weight around about what physicians can and cannot ask their patients is stupid, counter-productive, grandstanding. But that's to be expected these days... :-(

My $0.02. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Nod...
Cassell was careful NOT to stop treating anyone...he was just making noise.

The interesting aspect to me is that the same Tea Baggers who whined that Cassell had the right to treat/not treat whomever he felt like are the same ones who are now whining that refusing to treat patients for guns is and should be against the law. (Because it's an undue burden to find another Pediatrician.)

Frankly I think Okonkwo was out of line...but I felt that way about Cassell as well.

However, if one feels that Doctors should be able to differentiate between their patients and it's NOT an undue burden to find another doctor, then Rick Scott's law is wrong.
     You support this, right Drook? - (crazy) - (20)
         the way its written my wife and I could be refused service - (boxley) - (1)
             The same and agreed - (crazy)
         Not sure it makes sense to me - (pwhysall) - (1)
             That's pretty much how it is here in California -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         Individual rights should be expanded over time, not reduced. - (Another Scott) - (15)
             Re: Title of your post. What country do you live in? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                 I'm a Free Man. I Live in America. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     'None Dare Call It Microcephaly' cha. ch.... -NT - (Ashton)
                     He must have seen it on a TV show - (crazy)
                     I was thinking more along the lines of this. - (mmoffitt)
             so why are you in favor of reducing the rights of a - (boxley) - (9)
                 Having a license is a privilege, not a right. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     Re: Having a license is a privilege, not a right. - (boxley) - (7)
                         Seems to me it's the same thing - accomodate everyone. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Im a Doctor, I dont due male prostrate exams, you will enfor - (boxley) - (1)
                                 It's hardly the same thing. We're talking past each other... -NT - (Another Scott)
                         what about pharmacists - (lincoln)
                         Curious - we've got this happening in Florida... - (S1mon_Jester) - (2)
                             I think the standard should be:Default to serve the customer - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Nod... - (S1mon_Jester)

Real live veggie burgers -- they cook 'em 'til they're pink.
102 ms