IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lovely.. ____lovely - a perfect reference.
..and Billy-speak demoronizer!

Even I read Brooks, at the time - not with the comprehension of a Pro daily immersed, but as a tyro already aware of much I didn't know enough about (and likely would not be sticking around in this field, to find out).

It's the perfect demolition! of all this BS about Trustworthy Computing by the world's largest purveyor of toy-filled unstable Crapware / purveyor also of interminable baldfaced Lying - on a scale not seen since G\ufffdbbels's Ministry of Propaganda opened its doors!

Alas - few Suited bizness-droids could be expected to have even heard of Brooks's seminal work, nor to grok its significance. It is after all - devoted to the analysis of failure of, perhaps the most complex kinds of tasks ever devised. (It's damn-well applicable beyond mere coding, of course - but I wonder how many engineering courses today also prescribe this book, as they &*$*# -well Should !?)

A Hope: that someone reads this article to Judge K-K (too) and explains Brooks' prescience to her; she appears quite intelligent enough to grok the essence [?]

Ashton

Gotta LOVE the last line above:
But if we're still battling the spawn of the NIMDA and Code Red worms in a year or two, it's time to stop trusting Bill Gates for good.
Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle..
New I don't know about engineering courses.
But I have given that book to past bosses and project managers.

If you're in any way involved in producing software for someone else (or even producing working systems for someone else), you really should read that book. It has the BEST team design concept and rational that I have EVER seen.

And it should be readily available at your local mega-super-book-mart.
     Microsoft's mythical "man-years" - (lincoln) - (2)
         Lovely.. ____lovely - a perfect reference. - (Ashton) - (1)
             I don't know about engineering courses. - (Brandioch)

Not just broken: robustly broken!
42 ms