IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Get used to it.
Stop fighting it; you're only pushing the pain back a bit.

Compact view, dark theme, job's a good 'un.
New Recently started my 6th decade - learning to rage at clouds
Gotta get in practice. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who knows that he'll have to accept it eventually, but is hoping that his defiance will help them put an approximate "classic" theme back... http://support.googl...=en&answer=112508 )
New Re: Recently started my 6th decade - learning to rage at clo
Themes are pretty much colour schemes, and not much else.
New Yup.
Lots of people are raging about lost functionality, hidden UI elements, etc., on their forums.

I just don't like the way they've changed their use of color, spacing, etc. I don't like the options they've given us thus far. Moving text into the "compact" mode is a little better, but it's still pretty bad.

The classic interface is very, very well done. I don't use the calendar or filtering or rank things by importance - I feel for the people who depend on that functionality.

I have a gmail account that I use for mailing lists. The UI changes are not a huge deal for me, really, but it's annoying.

We'll see how it goes.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I actually am fairly meh on the whole subject of gmail
I think the classic interface is a pile of shit, so the new one isn't really taking anything away from me.
New don't rage at clouds
rage at kids to get off your damn lawn.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
     Google keeps trying to push the new Gmail interface. - (Another Scott) - (9)
         Re: Google keeps trying to push the new Gmail interface. - (mvitale)
         Get used to it. - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Recently started my 6th decade - learning to rage at clouds - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Re: Recently started my 6th decade - learning to rage at clo - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Yup. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         I actually am fairly meh on the whole subject of gmail - (pwhysall)
                 don't rage at clouds - (lincoln)
         I don't see a lot of difference. - (static)
         Fallows has linkies. - (Another Scott)

Holy cow! NONE of us have opposable thumbs!
81 ms