IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Don't confuse light output with power consumption.
In colder climates, the heat generated by incandescent bulbs is not wasted in the wintertime. That's actually an advantage.
--
-Rich Steiner >>>---> Mableton, GA USA
The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.
New That's why I'm glad
that I still have my halogen torchiere lamp. 300W in the home office helps keep it nice during the winter (but is shut off the other 9 months of the year).

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
     Time to change the light bulbs. - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
         The halogen bulbs shouldn't be 10x the cost. - (static) - (2)
             Yeah, they shouldn't be . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 I agree on the profiteering. -NT - (static)
         incandescents banned in California? - (rcareaga) - (13)
             Re: incandescents banned in California? - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
                 Your hundred-watt may be going - (rcareaga) - (5)
                     Bulbs 40 watts and under will be unaffected . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                         Don't confuse light output with power consumption. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Some producers of LED bulbs have already been sued . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                             Re: Don't confuse light output with power consumption. - (rcsteiner) - (1)
                                 That's why I'm glad - (lincoln)
                 And, about those curly fluorescents . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                     WTF? - (drook) - (4)
                         Don't panic. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Nah, they don't use any more - you just get charged for . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 I don't think PF is a residential problem. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     I agree. - (static)

Uno, dos, tres, quatro.
142 ms