IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anybody want a 5mb hard drive?
http://www.retronaut...-disk-drive-1956/

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New I can put in in a RAID array with my 9GB
Wait ... you said 5 MB. Ooers.
--

Drew
New Had a 10MB Hard card
at one time.

Expensive bugger (I thought), don't recall price, but damn... people were pissed I got it so cheap for the Fidonet BBS I was a part of.
New Ah, fake XT card
I had a bunch of those. I setup original IBM PCS with original single speed CDs for a library system. Dual chunky floppy and an internal hardcard (old 8 bit ISA connection).

They booted into MS-DOS 2 I believe.

Each had a serial connection to the master Unix system at the library (ahh, networking before ethernet was common, what a joy).
New I paid $400 for a 40MB Hard card
to add to my 286 back in 1986, doubling my storage capacity. Never filled either one more than 75% too.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
     Anybody want a 5mb hard drive? - (lincoln) - (4)
         I can put in in a RAID array with my 9GB - (drook)
         Had a 10MB Hard card - (folkert) - (2)
             Ah, fake XT card - (crazy)
             I paid $400 for a 40MB Hard card - (lincoln)

It's all in the pronunciation.
152 ms