IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And the beat goes on.
Okay, so I finally get a copy of a copy of the original email.

It's just a bunch of .jpg's of optical illusions. There's NOTHING executable.

So, I don't know WHERE the stupid .exe that is lurking in /temp came from, but it didn't come from that email.

I don't know WHERE they got the idea that there was a virus in that email (unless it was the Dr. Watson error when they tried to view the .jpg's on one of the machines).

Fortunately, now I can dump this back to the Windows admin here (the one who told me that my anti-virus system had failed to detect the "virus" in the first place) and have him wipe and reload their workstations.

:)
New JPEGs? Did the machine have an AMD processor?
Apparently there's some "erratum-not-bug" in some Athlons that makes something go wrong with some specific JPEG-encoded pictures. Dunno what's supposed to happen, if they just don't display correctly or if a visit from the Doctor is the usual consequence... But if it was an AMD-CPU box, you might want to look into that.

Sorry I can't be more specific off the cuff, but what's the use of me Googling for stuff when I don't even know yet if it was an AMD box, and you can as well Google for it yourself, if it was.
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New Nope. They're HP with Intel processors.
I'll check into that, though. Thanks.
     Eeeek! A virus! - (Brandioch) - (5)
         Ya know what it sounds like to me? - (inthane-chan)
         I recall something like that. - (static)
         And the beat goes on. - (Brandioch) - (2)
             JPEGs? Did the machine have an AMD processor? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Nope. They're HP with Intel processors. - (Brandioch)

Best thing since sliced SPAM!
65 ms