IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You can use Django's templating separately
That way you have some future proofing, and if you decide that just writing scripts isn't enough you can step it up a notch.

Is this a command line thing (sounds like it) or are you building an interactive site?
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Command line at the moment, I think.
Trying to walk before I run.

What I'd really like is something as easy as xnView's menu item which constructs a web page of thumbnails of all matching bitmaps in a directory. IOW, have a file (a CSS in xnView's case) with a layout for entries that the program fills in with the filenames automagically, grabs the files, makes thumbnails, resizes them, etc., then spits out the HTML.

In my case, I want it to grab bitmaps and make thumbnails, but also grab text and data from various files and fill out fields in the page, have links to XLS files and the like all in a pointy-click UI that can also be printed with ReportLab. If the script to make the HTML works well on a single prototype, it should be fairly trivial to loop it through the data tree. The existing data doesn't change very much, so once the summary HTML is made for a particular item it should be done and remain static, but we're adding new items all the time.

The actual mechanics of making a tool to do that with a Python script and a template engine doesn't seem too complicated (conceptually). I don't want to try to figure out flying a 777 if a Piper Cub will do the job.

I'll look at Django some more.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Quick Q: Thinking about using Python and some templates - (Another Scott) - (2)
         You can use Django's templating separately - (malraux) - (1)
             Command line at the moment, I think. - (Another Scott)

import lrpdisms
34 ms