IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm surprised it didn't happen before
I've always been somewhat surprised something like that hasn't happened before. They have had several remote control cars go out of control (one actually ran off the property and stopped in an open field owned by somebody else), a couple of explosions that turned out more energetic then expected and a few other near disasters.

I just hope it doesn't make them or the TV executive overly paranoid about risks. The show is only worth doing if they take some risks, it's about gauging what is reasonable.

Jay
New How many times has one of them said
"Well, we haven't tried explosives yet."

I think that they just love blowing stuff up. I know I would.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New They've gotten better in later seasons.
Much better.

A local station here is showing really early episodes and some of the chances they initially took is quite surprising compared to the later shows. Things like explosions in the back of the workshop, etc. They often now setup at a disused runway or the bomb range or an old quarry or suchlike just for the sheer space available.

I suspect this incident is not going to be more than a "mis-adventure" but Discovery would have had a lot of legal and insurance backup.

Wade.
Static Scribblings http://staticsan.blogspot.com/
     'MythBusters' cannonball goes through nearby house - (lincoln) - (3)
         I'm surprised it didn't happen before - (jay) - (2)
             How many times has one of them said - (lincoln)
             They've gotten better in later seasons. - (static)

Make your blood boil?
57 ms