IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Need monitor recommendations.
When I got my Mac in late 2008, I got a pair of LG W2252TQ 22" monitors to go with it. Until February 2011, I used them both on a daily basis.

A few months ago, one of them burned out. Sad face.

This morning, the second one burned out. Angry face.

So I could send them in for repairs at $99 + shipping apiece. But then I'd be without monitors at home for a while. Not happening.

So....What's a good, serviceable DVI monitor that I can go out to either TigerDirect, Fry's, Best Buy, or HH Gregg, and purchase tonight/this weekend? 22+" range, but they still both need to fit on my desk. (Even though price is less of an object for me since this is a business expense, I'm still not paying for an Apple Cinema Display, lovely though they may be.)

TIA!
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New You got a Sam's club near you?
I got a great LG LED monitor from there seriously cheaper than the local competition (including Walmart, Best Buy,HH Greg, Staples, etc).

Was worth the cost of joining.
New Based on many places and about...
A thousand or so reviews on this monitor, you will have some naysayers, as always.

Samsung B2330
23" Widescreen LCD Monitor - 1080p,
1920x1080
1000:1 Native
70,000:1 Dynamic
5ms
DVI
VGA

http://www.tigerdire...089028&CatId=4420

http://www.amazon.co...cr_pr_product_top

Etc... And you can get them at Office Max for $209, not $179 like the above.

Plus, you can get a "Movable Deskmount" there and be able to move them around a bit.

I've had some Samsung 216BW monitors since about mid-2007 and I love them. One has a flutter until it warms up in the morning, but 3 minutes and that is done. Display on DVI is tremendous! VGA, you have to "time it" with a pattern.
New These're nice.
Big, wide screens. Nice 'n bright. Bigger than my old ones, but not by much. I could get used to these!
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Cool.
I'd buy them right now if I needed to.
New Been happy with our Viewsonic VX2453MH-LED.
http://www.amazon.co...1_s01_i00_details

It's a 24", but there may be a 22" version.

There's my review in Hardware of it, but I get a 500 error (out of Java heap space) looking for it at the moment. :-/

HTH a little. Good luck

Cheers,
Scott.
     Need monitor recommendations. - (mvitale) - (5)
         You got a Sam's club near you? - (crazy)
         Based on many places and about... - (folkert) - (2)
             These're nice. - (mvitale) - (1)
                 Cool. - (folkert)
         Been happy with our Viewsonic VX2453MH-LED. - (Another Scott)