IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New DNS servers altered
I currently own on the order of 10 domain names. All of my DNS serving for the past few years had been performed by DynDNS, and it was free.

A couple of months back, they changed that situation and wanted to charge me $20/domain/year. Feeling that this was highway robbery, I decided to switch DNS providers. At the time, I heard about Amazon's Route 53, so I signed up for an AWS account. Unfortunately due to laziness on my part and a lack of any web UI on their part, that transition never happened.

So a couple of weeks back, a new service called DNSimple came across my Twitter feed. For my number of domains, their DNS service is $36/year. This is a no-brainer.

Last night, I completed the transition. If you have had problems accessing this site since about 10pm Central Time last night (November 30), this change is likely why. My apologies for the lack of notice on the switch; I have been forgetting about it, being lazy, and suddenly found myself up against a December 1 deadline before the $200 charge kicked in. Procrastination FTW.

Email to multiple domains that I own is still working, and I can still reach all of my domains, so it looks to me like the transition was successful.

Let me know if there are any ongoing issues.
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New I can't see the site
How am I supposed to read this announcement? How am I supposed to tell you it's a problem?
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Dec. 1, 2011, 09:38:25 AM EST
New Site? What site?
JK
New And now you know why.
Problem?
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: DNS servers altered
Holy Frijolies this places rocks for uptime, manageability and ease of use.

http://www.dnsmadeeasy.com/pricing/dns/

10 Domains == $29.95 per year

Oh well.
New I weep for my lost $6.
Still a sight better than $200.
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
     DNS servers altered - (mvitale) - (5)
         I can't see the site - (drook) - (2)
             Site? What site? - (crazy)
             And now you know why. - (malraux)
         Re: DNS servers altered - (folkert) - (1)
             I weep for my lost $6. - (mvitale)

It's the same snivelling little rodent as it always was.
66 ms