IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: We probably need to nationalize the airline industry.
Fares used to be regulated. The airline industry was a very different place back then, or so I've been told ... I didn't get involved until the late 80's.
--
-Rich Steiner >>>---> Mableton, GA USA
The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.
New That was the worst thing Carter did.
I was a tot, but I flew in the 1960's and early 70's quite often - even transatlantic in 1969. Back then, people dressed up to go to the airport and we could only ever afford the vastly cheaper red-eye flights out of LAX (I think I was 15 before I even knew that commercial airlines flew during daylight hours). You're quite right, prices were fixed, as were gate times, schedules, etc. I remember my aunts and uncles talking about which airline they preferred and it was always a discussion of how good the food was and if they'd ever lost a bag. In those days, the only thing an airline could compete against another airline with was level of service. Those days are gone. The airlines are in a losing proposition. They've cut everything they can possibly cut - service, free bags, free champagne (yes even for coach), meals, flight crew pensions, pay and perks, mechanics, deep cycles to China, new aircraft orders, you name it - they've slashed it. It's amazing to me that anyone wants to be in that business anymore.
New Re: That was the worst thing Carter did.
It's a fun industry to be a part of. Just hard to maintain in a profitable manner.
--
-Rich Steiner >>>---> Mableton, GA USA
The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.
New Oddly, as a private pilot, I get that. ;0)
     American Airlines files Chapter 11 - (lincoln) - (6)
         Watch the CIEIOs... - (folkert)
         We probably need to nationalize the airline industry. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             Re: We probably need to nationalize the airline industry. - (rcsteiner) - (3)
                 That was the worst thing Carter did. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Re: That was the worst thing Carter did. - (rcsteiner) - (1)
                         Oddly, as a private pilot, I get that. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

Remember, rank times IQ is a constant.
36 ms