IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What is your update schedule? And will you be coding in it?
I have a bit of experience with a commercial one and updates were worse then death. They would lock everyone out of the system. And you couldn't run multiple customer on a single system since you could only update one database at a time.

The canned query system (visual, based on venn diagrams) was hot shit. And when drilling though TBs of data, joining and eliminating, it was lightning fast.

But when we went to code against the actual engine, all hell broke loose. Then the MGR decided to toss it offshore (hehe haha) and that took it to it's death, getting the mgr and his boss canned in the process.

Not often I see poor tech devisions that I argue against get punished so nicely.
New Nope. Happily I will not be directly involved in any of it.
It's another team's beast. If I play this right, I can stand far enough back so as to avoid getting any of it on me. :0)
New Smart move
     Database Question. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
         Wow... that was deviant! - (folkert) - (8)
             Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 *Boggle* is entirely appropriate. - (static) - (6)
                     Better than this - (drook) - (1)
                         I guess I'm lucky. - (static)
                     I agree on the 200. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         What is your update schedule? And will you be coding in it? - (crazy) - (2)
                             Nope. Happily I will not be directly involved in any of it. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Smart move -NT - (crazy)
         OLTP? Not a data warehouse? -NT - (S1mon_Jester) - (1)
             Re: OLTP? Not a data warehouse? - (mmoffitt)

Using Powerpoint in the schools--that's better than teaching kids how to smoke.
71 ms