1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Rock concert movement #217
The cover your ears and go....

So, my son really likes Alesana.

http://www.alesanaofficial.com/

They are classified as "sweetcore" .. Albums are thematic. Actually fairly interesting that way...latest being Grimm Fairytales...

Now, I'm a metal guy...but something about this style...

But, we bought VIP packs, so we go tomorrow, watch sound check, meet and get pics with the band...boy is beside himself.

Last show like this was to see a group called I set my friends on fire. They sucked...but a couple of the others were good.

We'll see...
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Geezer
Implying there's something wrong with a band name, and you grew up on bands like "The Band". And "The Who". And "The The".
--

Drew
New Not the name
I actually bought a shirt cause I thought the band name was cool...(I Set My Friends on Fire).

Not a naming issue...I actually have all the Alesana recordings...their first had some real moments...
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Can't be all that bad...
Its: MOTEL 6’S ROCK YOURSELF TO SLEEP TOUR

Come on... any band that would team up with Motel 6, I'd almost have to go see.
New My nephew works for that gig amongst others
He works for a company that does a variety of video and stage production. They have a contract with someone who has a contract with the big name corporate sponsors.

My nephew works in an office about 80% of the time, doing video production, audio mixing, etc. The rest of the time is driving to concerts, setting them up, waiting, breaking them down, and driving back.

The AV equipment goes in the truck (speakers, amps, mixing boards, etc) (he's the only one in the company with a license for it, it's BIG), and the stage elements (multiple pieces that look like tinker toys the size of a crane) get dropped off and picked up via multiple tractor trailers.

He gets to keep the truck in the driveway and use it whenever he wants.
New Re: Can't be all that bad...
and Alesana is the headliner. They are incredibly popular among the specific teen set they target...of which my son is one (the various different types of metal/something elsecore set).

I'm actually looking forward to Sleeping with Sirens...they are "local" to Orlando but actually are living in Grand Rapids at the moment...if bio is correct.

I am, however, too old to mosh....
New Re: Rock concert movement #217
My word.

What horrid formulaic tosh.

Shouty bit. Singy bit. Choral bit. Talky bit. Shouty bit. Singy bit. Lather, rinse & repeat.

Ghastly.

Rock concert movement #217 - (beepster) - (6)
         Geezer - (drook) - (1)
             Not the name - (beepster)
         Can't be all that bad... - (folkert) - (2)
             My nephew works for that gig amongst others - (crazy)
             Re: Can't be all that bad... - (beepster)
         Re: Rock concert movement #217 - (pwhysall)

That sounds like a venereal disease.
47 ms