IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hmm... I know *a* name of a guy who did that...
...(in a Cessna); but Mathias Rust was German, not Czech, and he didn't get sent to Siberia but home to Germany, AFAIK.

So it can't be him you're thinking of, is it?
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New Let's try that again, then, shall we?
There once was a Kraut without shame
Who buzzed Lenin's tomb in a plane
The kraut, he was busted,
And his plane, it rusted
And he got sent to Dresden by train!

When I wrote it at the time, East Germany was still part of the good 'ol Evil Empire(TM)... And I forgot about Kraut. German just doesn't work quite right for what I wanted...
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Oh, it *was* him you were thinking of? Then try *again*! :-)
Then, to get really nit-picky (or, OK, to continue being so), Rust wasn't an Ossie (East German) but a Wessie (figure it out), so if he got sent home, it wasn't to Dresden.

Started from (West) Berlin, IIRC, and flew right across Poland and western parts of Russia -- everybody wondered, IIRC, how the heck come he didn't get shot down by Russian Air Defense, like, umpty-twenteen times over.

I betcha heads rolled afterwards; quite possibly, *some* people *did* get sent to Siberia... But we in the West certainly never got to hear about *that*.
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
     poetry - (boxley) - (6)
         There once was a man from Nantucket ... -NT - (drewk) - (5)
             Ooo! Can I play? - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 Hmm... I know *a* name of a guy who did that... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     Let's try that again, then, shall we? - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Oh, it *was* him you were thinking of? Then try *again*! :-) - (CRConrad)
             if it looked like a snake he would fsckit -NT - (boxley)

In stereo.
60 ms