IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Common thread was (meant to be)
Hypocrisy. Religion, drug use - are comparable in numbers of practitioners (?) Most religions preach reasonably er 'sane' approaches to the vicissitudes of life: note the % of 'believers' who aren't so good at acting out those beliefs.

Ditto re drugs: moderation.. that idea overlaps both categories also.
But The Law has a rilly bad time with the concept of 'moderation', y'know? (A microgram of an Evul substance in that spectrophotometer search of your car: is admissible as "something").

Be nice if the Catholic Church would spend as much energy and emotion in support of such simple ideas as - Not sending folks to jail for 30+ years for marijuana usage - as they spend trying to torpedo globally: even birth control! (never mind abortion even). Oh, as to hypocrisy - haven't seen numbers lately of the % of Catholics using birth control. Either. Nothing IS simple, is it?

And so it goes. Drugs, religion, sex - homo-sap be the Kwaziest species yet! (far as we know, o'course ;-)

A.
New Sentient LRPD strikes! Again.
I'm sorry, I came here for an argument!

Spirits are everywhen..

Cackle.. Cackle..
New Catholicism and birth control
Where do you think I got my overdeveloped perspective on scofflaws?

White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
New Cackle.. Cackle.. :-\ufffd
Yeah.. feel ~ same way about 'stuff I know better than to ___'
(And Oneself can be a more daunting figure than ol' John Paul.. though maybe not so daunting as to - make the next faux pas ?? - in front of, John XXIII !)

PS - did 'we' all ever get That situation sorted out for all time? I read some books, but of course the real actors aren't talking. As usual. Likely never will - even in the archives?

I tended to think of him as the kinda guy depicted by - sadly, the now late :[ - Anthony Quinn in, Shoes of the Fisherman. Was he just too bloody Good to survive the bureaucracy. For long enough.. ?? {sigh}

Cheers,

I.
(..only rarely present, as Ashton is somehow eluding.. er doing Good and stuff ;-)
     Revisiting the drug legalization issue - (DonRichards) - (9)
         The Economist article is a good read. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             The topic appears to be a litmus for, - (Ashton) - (5)
                 Religion and drugs? - (mhuber) - (4)
                     Common thread was (meant to be) - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Sentient LRPD strikes! Again. - (Ashton)
                         Catholicism and birth control - (mhuber) - (1)
                             Cackle.. Cackle.. :-\ufffd - (Ashton)
         Comment from a swiss. - (static) - (1)
             The Swiss also have a "Five Hundred Year Plan" - (Ashton)

Of course I may like it partly because I agree with it...
149 ms