IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hmm...poor controls over money
How very democrat...

http://dealbook.nyti...ing-mf-global/?hp

The discovery that money could not be located might simply reflect sloppy internal controls at MF Global. It is still unclear where the money went. At first, as much as $950 million was believed to be missing, but as the firm sorted through its bankruptcy, that figure fell to less than $700 million by late Monday, the people briefed on the matter said. Additional funds are expected to trickle in over the coming days.

But the investigation, which is in its earliest stages, may uncover something more intentional and troubling.

In any case, what led to the unaccounted-for cash could violate a tenet of Wall Street regulation: Customers’ funds must be kept separate from company money. One of the basic duties of any brokerage firm is to keep track of customer accounts on a daily basis.

Corzine couldn't run a state very well...so mismanaging a fund shouldn't be a surprise.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New like the missing pallets of $100 bills
lost over in Iraq under the Dubya (RepubliCANT) administration?

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Come on Lincoln
that was low.

I mean really...comparing $900 million to $6000 million?

(Yes, that was sarcasm)
New Re: Come on Lincoln
Yeah, one was done by a RepubliCANT administration and the other was done by a PRIVATE BUSINESS.

After all, RepubliCANTS keep telling us that private enterprise ALWAYS does things better and cheaper than the government.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New You do realize that wasn't our money, right?
Those were seized assets...and eventually (though disputed) traced to the Central Iraq Bank.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Re: You do realize that wasn't our money, right?
So what? The custody of it could still have been managed better by kleptomaniac tinkers on acid.
Expand Edited by pwhysall Nov. 1, 2011, 04:15:16 PM EDT
New Because if they kept better track of it
they couldn't steal^H^H^H^misplace it.

Why do you think they sent CASH over? (They could've done a wire transfer)
New No wire transfer
They needed large bags of cash on the ground to buy some short term loyalty.
New Can't buy loyalty
it wasn't "our" money, remember? :-)
New Ding ding ding
New Someone knows exactly where they are
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New What would you expect from a Wall Streeter?
     Hmm...poor controls over money - (beepster) - (11)
         like the missing pallets of $100 bills - (lincoln) - (9)
             Come on Lincoln - (S1mon_Jester) - (1)
                 Re: Come on Lincoln - (lincoln)
             You do realize that wasn't our money, right? - (beepster) - (5)
                 Re: You do realize that wasn't our money, right? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     Because if they kept better track of it - (S1mon_Jester) - (3)
                         No wire transfer - (crazy) - (1)
                             Can't buy loyalty - (S1mon_Jester)
                         Ding ding ding -NT - (beepster)
             Someone knows exactly where they are -NT - (boxley)
         What would you expect from a Wall Streeter? -NT - (mmoffitt)

What kind of monster says “take care”?
52 ms