IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Is there any way to check a doctors practice ratings?
It seems I have need of a neurosurgeon. I have a fluid filled cyst on my spine which is compressing nerves and causing severe sciatica pain, numbness, and loss of balance and strength. The surgeon to whom my doctor referred me can see me in about a month. Then who knows how long until he can remove it. There are dozens of neurosurgeons that are in the health care plan, but I feel strange picking one at random considering that one "oops" and I never walk again. I don't want to wait a month because it's a LOT of pain in spite of vicodin, and I don't want to be on vicodin for a month or more. Is there some kind of list or board that keeps track of surgeons records? Somebody had to finish at the bottom of the class and they still call him "doctor".
New There are some places, e.g. Angie's list. Not free, though.
Those "consumer" ratings places can be good or bad - like much of the commentary on the Internet. :-/

The links in here may help: http://www.quackwatc...n/QA/mdcheck.html

Best of luck in getting it taken care of (successfully!). Hang in there.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Also depends on the state
I know I've looked up a few of my doctor's in Florida.
New Re: Is there any way to check a doctors practice ratings?
Try this site
http://www.healthgra...static:%20general
if not try your health insurance co. web page

Good Luck
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
New Whoa, common and shitty
The narcotics don't work for this, they will simply get you addicted.

My brother just spent a 2 months going dr to dr. He was on massive amounts of percocet but hadn't moved to oxycontin yet. And he was treated as a "drug seeker".

When they finally identified it, they realized he needed a long term epidural immediately. He had it the next day. Right now they are in "wait and watch", surgery scheduled for the future but if they wait too long it will destroy the vertebrae if wraps totally around it.

I believe these respond well to a tiny bit of alcohol surgically dropped into it, rather than carving it out. At least that is the plan for my brother, you might want to double check the alternative surgical approaches for this and if they apply in your situation.

For those that were at the wedding, this is the brother that gave the speech.

Note: My OTHER brother (the one that blew you guys away at the table) is legally blind due to this type of cyst putting pressure on his optic nerves. Do NOT ignore it. Benign doesn't mean it won't fuck you up.
New dunno about ratings
I check where the doc went to school and internship at. Then I do a google search to come up with any links to ratings. I look at the free ones. Check to see if there has been any lawsuits against the doc or the practice. A good cutter is hard to find. Good luck
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Re: Is there any way to check a doctors practice ratings?

Illinois patients can now research their doctors using an online database the state launched Wednesday.

The idea is to take the guesswork out of choosing a doctor by allowing easier access to information about the state's 46,000 licensed physicians and surgeons.

The database can be accessed through the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation's website at idfpr.com under the "physician profile" link on the left side. There, patients can learn about a doctor's educational background and training, determine what type of insurance they accept and find out what languages are spoken in the office.

Also included is information about criminal convictions, disciplinary action against the doctor by regulators in Illinois and other states, and whether hospital privileges have been revoked.

http://www.chicagotr...20,0,595634.story

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
     Is there any way to check a doctors practice ratings? - (hnick) - (6)
         There are some places, e.g. Angie's list. Not free, though. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Also depends on the state - (S1mon_Jester)
         Re: Is there any way to check a doctors practice ratings? - (Bman)
         Whoa, common and shitty - (crazy)
         dunno about ratings - (boxley)
         Re: Is there any way to check a doctors practice ratings? - (lincoln)

There are 178 parent languages on our planet, with over 1000 dialects. It's amazing we communicate at all.
36 ms