IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OS8.5?
Whoa, that's like positively ancient. Remember what it's like browsing on a 300MHz celeron Windows box with 32MB RAM? Still, could well be faster than doing same on a Mac. I know Mac OS 8.0 had a bad reputation, I figure 8.5 was better.

I'm guessing it might even be an original 233MHz model. I'm guess it's a tray-loading CD-ROM drive - so take a look at this [link|http://kbase.info.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/kbase.woa/wa/query?val=43012&x=11&y=9&type=ids&nodes=&dateModified=&wosid=UX4q2376QMoD2eg4we64DzwiGMc|URL from Hell].

Looks to be quite a procedure! But if it's a slot-loading one, it's much easier.
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Whoops.
Actually, it's 8.6. The CD-ROM drive is like on a laptop. I'm digging now to see what speed it thinks it is. Ah: here we are - 266MHz. Hmm. With a 6gb HDD.

And that link requires a login.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Bugger.
The cookie's been set for so long I forgot about that. It's quite sucky how Apple now require you to register to get to their Knowledge Base. To cut a long story short, it involves taking out the whole motherboard to get at the SO-DIMM slot.

So it's a Revision B iMac by the sounds of it.

Anyway, so you don't need a login, there's a facility at the bottom of the page where I can email the article to you. Just let me know if you'd like me to do that. It has a few small diagrams, but I don't envisage it using a lot of bandwidth.
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
     Not PHB, but users. - (Brandioch) - (27)
         Oh, aye, the users. - (static) - (26)
             My biased comment: Show them a Mac :) - (Meerkat) - (25)
                 Emphasis on "perfect". - (static) - (24)
                     OS8.5? - (Meerkat) - (2)
                         Whoops. - (static) - (1)
                             Bugger. - (Meerkat)
                     No, whoever approved the puck mouse probably wasn't fired... - (CRConrad) - (20)
                         Not fired. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             There are rumours (once again) of a two-button mouse - (Meerkat)
                         Perhaps. - (static) - (1)
                             It did a good job fulfilling one of iMacs primary objectives - (Meerkat)
                         Goddamn micky mouse - (wharris2) - (15)
                             Buying a 3rd party mouse is sooo difficult and sooo costly -NT - (Meerkat) - (2)
                                 Laptops - (kmself) - (1)
                                     ObMacZealot : Reckon it's less of a prob on the lapdogs - (Meerkat)
                             Nope. Simply put: Logitech Marble *Track*Man Rulez. -NT - (Ashton) - (11)
                                 Nope. Trackballs suck. Period. - (wharris2) - (10)
                                     My seconds will call.. _______and break your thumbs. -NT - (Ashton)
                                     Ah, you haven't had mouse wrist yet... - (lister) - (8)
                                         I just can't control the damn things - (wharris2) - (3)
                                             Takes some getting used to - (lister) - (2)
                                                 Agreement - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     Nope, trackballs still suck - (tonytib)
                                         That's why I went lefty - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                                             I've got a colleague who does the same. -NT - (CRConrad)
                                             Partially ambi-dexterous. - (static)
                                             Driving in UK.. and other mirror images. - (Ashton)

That's pretty much epic-scale incomprehension.
88 ms