IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Data is invalid on XP
Help! My XP system is going nuts. The CD is detected and then I am told that the data is invalid. Then after a reboot, the same thing happens!

I tried reinstalling, only to have the system say it cannot read my activation data and then it logs me out and reboots.

So now I am reinstalling and had ue "L" to delete Windows. Same thing, any ideas?
New First thing to try . .
Use a different (known good) CD-ROM drive and see if the results are the same. Unlike hard disks and floppys, CD-ROM drives don't know when they're feeding bad data. I've often seen stuff similar to what you describe result.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New This is hard to avoid
when your hardware is not "certified" to work with XP. I've seen Network PCI cards, CD-ROM drives, and other things come up with this error.

The old RRR fixes it most of the time. Sometimes you have to disable CPU and motherboard caching and then reinstall. I think the cach may be killing the drivers and it is reading it as bad from the CD-ROM. Some CD-ROMs have error correction or buffering, others don't. Another thing to do is remove any cards that are not needed to boot Windows. Like the audio, modem, network, etc. Then do an XP install, and later put those things in one at a time and install the drivers for them. Sometimes when any version of Windows tries to install a lot of drivers, it conflicts somehow. But one at a time seems to do better.

Seconded on the CD-ROM switching, my father had a problem with his CD-ROM a while ago, and my brother switched him to a new one. This was under Windows 98. I almost always try to get a name-brand CD-ROM drive that I know works or at least has a warranty or return policy in case it doesn;t.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
     Data is invalid on XP - (Dark Phoenix) - (2)
         First thing to try . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             This is hard to avoid - (orion)

That boy needs therapy.
46 ms