IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Continuing to show
A fucking amazing level of cluelessness.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New The only way to learn
is to accept occasional public mistakes.

And not fear showing cluelessness in certain areas.

That way a person can respectfully accept new information.

I'm OK with that. It's called trust and honesty. Some day you might find it as well. Good luck.

Showing where I come from helps people guide me where I might want to go.

So I show. We know you simply won't.

Works well for me since I'm not afraid of looking stupid. Years of interaction with many people (here and in the real world) has proven it works, and works well.

An occasional hole in knowledge gets filled in, or a bit of gullibility is wiped away. Which I'm open to.

Or a person I thought I knew (I'm pretty sure you all knew me, I've had years of very plain open posts) goes tharn once the levels start peeling away.

Feel free to continue, I know I will, without fear.

Note: I don't discount what you say because of who you are. I discount it AFTER I've read it when it has no basis in reality (pretty obvious in some areas, kind of sketchy in others).

So I might still have something to learn from you.

Of course, you might want to review the difference between attacking the message VS attacking the messenger.
Expand Edited by crazy Oct. 6, 2011, 07:01:05 AM EDT
Expand Edited by crazy Oct. 6, 2011, 07:05:15 AM EDT
New Bwah ha ha
Check your fucking ego at the door.

You still think you made some earth shattering point with me?

Wow.

Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Grin
We've already had this discussion. The points aren't for you.

I accept lost causes.

But as long as other(s) and another(s) point out my mistakes, I'm still learning.

Hmm. I thought you were done with me. But you've posted multiple insulting flame posts, obviously trolling. Guess not. hehehehe.
Expand Edited by crazy Oct. 6, 2011, 07:48:25 AM EDT
Expand Edited by crazy Oct. 6, 2011, 07:51:29 AM EDT
New I'm REALLY glad I don't read two fora here
--

Drew
New aww, c'mon, the water's fine
Really.

(cues the jaws music)
New Ah, lost cause now..
You do understand there is a difference between a person recognizing religion exists and a person being religious?

Maybe not. As you still don't understand the issue. You're no better than a born again..not questioning first, assuming someone's pov to be different from yours, therefor "WRONG" and thus the preaching begins.

Cluex4. Look up agnostic. Maybe then start to apply more of that to what you obviously assume me to be...which I'm guessing by your attitude is something between southern baptist And a fulling tithing enrollee at Westboro.

New Maybe I'm totally wrong about you
http://iwt.mikevital....iwt?postid=51669

Does that post mean you are rethinking any positions?

And here's my simple question, which pretty much covers all the angles of anything else I might grill/attack over, is:

Do you feel (believe?) that ANY religion based laws have a place in today's US society?

Note: This is a Yes or No question.
Expand Edited by crazy Oct. 7, 2011, 10:39:10 AM EDT
New Nope
if you read the article and the backtrack of that post, it was a clarification. The research posted directly linked matrimonial laws in common law to their basis in canon law.

Recognizing religion exists and that it influences society and its behavior does NOT make a person religious.
New yes, I make the rules and you get to follow them
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Direct answer
is not yes or no. If I say no, then that could be taken that I think murder laws should be repealed, after all the first commandment is thou shalt not kill, correct? If I say yes, then I'm painted by you as some deep seeded homophobe using religion to further an agenda (even though, in that thread, you agreed with my recommendation..but only when box gave it..muttering something about it having to be federal...even though I left federal/state/local out).

I am not a legislator. I am a voter.

Will I vote for a Westboro Baptist church member for congress (or any other office, including dog catcher)

No.

Whether you or I think there should be religious basis for laws in current US society is completely irrelevant. Why? Because they are already there. These laws have been part of society for several thousand years. They will be part of society for several thousand years after we die. We can certainly vote for what we believe, but the simple fact that a majority of people in this country think completely different from you means 2 things, 1) your gonna have a hell of a time getting your agenda in place and 2) you aren't going to have a whole lot of candidates to vote for in the first place.

Learn to live with them. I have. And I don't feel the need to preach the anti-religion message, nor the religion message to anyone. What they believe is their business.
New No you don't
You pick and choose based on risk level.

The risk level is different for different people.

That's why my primary research point right now is Beta-caryophyllene

http://www.pnas.org/.../105/26/9099.full

New Whatthefuckeverdude.
     Continuing to show - (beepster) - (12)
         The only way to learn - (crazy) - (11)
             Bwah ha ha - (beepster) - (10)
                 Grin - (crazy) - (9)
                     I'm REALLY glad I don't read two fora here -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         aww, c'mon, the water's fine - (crazy)
                     Ah, lost cause now.. - (beepster) - (6)
                         Maybe I'm totally wrong about you - (crazy) - (5)
                             Nope - (beepster)
                             yes, I make the rules and you get to follow them -NT - (boxley)
                             Direct answer - (beepster) - (2)
                                 No you don't - (crazy) - (1)
                                     Whatthefuckeverdude. -NT - (beepster)

I'm surprised you can legally sell chili that bad.
73 ms