IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Krugman weighs in on the issue
http://krugman.blogs...Krugman&seid=auto
Well, it seems as if a number of people in the media have decided that Obama was fibbing when he said that some millionaires pay lower tax rates than their secretaries — because, as the usual suspects triumphantly declare, on average millionaires pay higher average taxes than middle-income Americans.

This is, of course, stupid: the operative word is SOME.

Turns out that if you look at the details, roughly 1/3 of the super rich manage a tax rate of less then 15% and most manage less then 20%. Super rich here being the top 400 house holds in the US. Buffet clearly lands in that that category and could be paying less percent then his secretary even if his secretary is only paying 15%.

In a sense, Obama didn't put his lower limit on the "Buffet rule" high enough. The range he picked included the highest paying Americans, those on the bottom end of the wealthy range.

Jay
New of course he continues to shill
and there are going to be "some" secretaries that pay less than their average also.

He's being pedantic and giving him a pass based on one word, when the clear implication of the speech and of Buffets piece is that rich people don't pay as much on % basis as "average" people, which has been clearly shown as false. Inconvenient for them.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New But if you count ESTATE TAXES...
New Then it's worse than an ex wife;-)
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New you are the expert on shills around here

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New So I should know one when I see him, and he is one
     Pants on Fire - (beepster) - (10)
         Shifting terminology - (jay) - (3)
             That sounds about right. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 coincides quite nicely with - (beepster)
             nope...they lined up perfectly - (beepster)
         Krugman weighs in on the issue - (jay) - (5)
             of course he continues to shill - (beepster) - (4)
                 But if you count ESTATE TAXES... -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                     Then it's worse than an ex wife;-) -NT - (beepster)
                 you are the expert on shills around here -NT - (lincoln) - (1)
                     So I should know one when I see him, and he is one -NT - (beepster)

A taste of the local Surf n'Quaff.
42 ms