IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gaaaaa . . . It's all gotten so complicated!
There was a page on my clovegarden site entitled "Lilies", which outlined the family tree of the monocot class Liliopsida. Not an essential page by any means, but it should at least be right if it's there. Well, it was right, at one time . . .

The problem is APG II/III (Angiosperm Phylogeny Group), which has applied genetic profiling to flowering plants.

There is no longer a class Liliopsida, there is now a clade monocots and lilies are just a minor order. Most of the plants that were under Lilies are now under Asparagus, which used to be a minor offshoot of onions.

Getting this all straight came close to spraining my brain - but it is (mostly) done.
    http://www.clovegard.../ingred/lily.html

OK, that done ... Doing that I came across a small item I wanted to add to my algae page.

Oh Noes! My statement "Algae are not plants" has been completely blown out of the water! Of the three major classes, that can now be held unequivocally true for only one. Rewrite again - and find even more stuff to add.
    http://www.clovegard...ingred/algae.html

Most of a weekend blown.

Well, I'm thankful for two things:
1) I only deal with the few (thousand) plants that are commonly eaten.
2) I don't do botany for a living - those guys have got to be going nuts!

New So I wonder ...
Do you ever see that two things are botanically related and find yourself thinking, "Huh ... I wonder if I can eat that?"
--

Drew
New Mostly it's . . .
. . Ah! So that's one of those, so it ought to work something like this other one.
New Editor mode
Wakame section, last sentence --
". . . a troublesome invasive weed along the coasts coasts of non-Oriental countries"
Get rid of one of the "coasts"

Red Tosaka section, last sentence --
"Note that in Japan there are green a white seaweeds"
Should be "green and white"
I think the single most compelling piece of evidence for global warming is that Fox News viewers think it's a hoax.
New Thanks, fixed.
     Gaaaaa . . . It's all gotten so complicated! - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
         So I wonder ... - (drook) - (1)
             Mostly it's . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Editor mode - (Silverlock) - (1)
             Thanks, fixed. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)

Could be fun to watch if the chairs aren't bolted down.
42 ms