I've used both the D-Link and Linksys gateways. They're both pretty feature-rich; although I'd give the nod to D-Link for general hardware reliability. Plus they have a telnet interface. It's fine for the home user.

A couple of alternate droolings:

1) If you ever want a more robust box for yourself, I'd recommend the Netopia R9100--I have one at home serving my websites (and allowing me to play CS :). Eight ports, *great* customizable firewalling. Not non-techie-friendly though.

2) If you are one of the unlucky ones who upgraded your DSL from 1 to 6 megs, only to find out you're still getting about a meg, Nexland makes a 2-WAN-port router, so you can effectively bind 2 incoming lines (more if you chain them, like I have). You can manually specify the binding ratios; so, for example, I have 3 DSL lines: two are bound together on one router, then that inbound signal is bound with a 3rd line. The 3rd line I have set to 1% usage--so it stays open for external connections, while the other two DSL lines are load-balanced 50/50 for outbound traffic. Pretty neat.