IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey Ash, ya wanted to know about spongebob?
heres a link to the nose flute guy,
[link|http://latimes.com/features/lifestyle/la-040702spongebob.story|do do du do dadoo]
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Not surprising at all..
Pity - no cable here, so :(

I agree with the tone of the (long) review - many folks are fed-up with the manic, adversarial, violent crap that passes for 'humor' (or any other category, now). So much of everything on the meeja is so utterly tied to marketing.. or the plots themselves about stupid fucking mercantile crap too, that.. it's boring when it isn't just plain stupid.

A (sadly, recently-departed) Sun. PM half-hour on NPR was hosted by Daniel Pinkwater -- a raconteur, storyteller par excellance. Allegedly for children, he observed that their surveys indicated (I forget) median? average age of listeners was: 43. He's subtle enough to engage the adults, hip enough to kids to keep them listening. I haven't yet found out why it ended.. but I damn well will. Radio is perfect for such talented ones..

{sigh} It appears that the trend of Over-the-Air programming is dismal - since in the US: it's only about eyeballs to sell to. MBAs directing content. What did we expect, when the miniscule funding for PBS was cut by the Newt troglodytes -- and still not restored. Wonder why Repubs imagine that all folks deserve Only Commercial Shit all the time? IIRC - cost was about one? three? 34\ufffd postage stamps per citizen per year. Go figure.

Meanwhile, I'm unlikely to spring for cable any time soon; enough meeja thankyouverymuch. Even though I'd likely enjoy some of Discovery, a few others and.. above.

Ashton
now if ya wanna cut me a DVD-full.. ;-)
     Hey Ash, ya wanted to know about spongebob? - (boxley) - (1)
         Not surprising at all.. - (Ashton)

PDF the sucker to me. Prepaid.
41 ms