IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Of course! It's the Isle of Man
From Wiki: The island has been inhabited since before 6500 BC.

Nice island...take Google street view and 'tour' the place!
New Indeed.. a place like no other.
Each year, the day before start of the TT-Races ('Tourist Trophy') -- everyone is out, riding the course ... but sanely, with maybe a handful of idiots, as seem inevitable just by stats.
I didn't see a PC/police constable when I was there for the TT, but this guy captures the spirit; there is (was then, anyway) none of the strife we are now inured to re Cops VS humans-Not-cops, in damn near every city.

A beautiful island; this flic indicates it has also managed to accommodate the whole zeitgeist in '11 with as much aplomb as several decades back.

(I knew IOM was Different when.. a young guy turned over his Norton Dominator in pukka race trim--for this Yank to have a go on the Ultimate road racing course, Live.)
I was, of course Very-careful with this machine he'd clearly gone into hock, to build. All just extemporaneous/the stuff of authentic memories.
(Next day, John Surtees went by at 140+ mph on his red Gilera 4, a few feet from my vantage point at "Kate's Cottage". Same tarmac!)

Long Live IOM! a place of rare, consistent and unflappable Sanity
... a far-reach from the Greedopolists now in ascendance, screwing-up most of the rest of the world.

Vroom!
New The TT is amazing television.
One of our HD TV channels has been screening it. The start of the race is spectacular as there's a camera on each bike in a different spot and since they start staggered, you get a sequence of the first few miles from the camera on the bike.

Wade.
Static Scribblings http://staticsan.blogspot.com/
     If Only All Police Were Like This One.. - (Bman) - (3)
         Of course! It's the Isle of Man - (dmcarls) - (2)
             Indeed.. a place like no other. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 The TT is amazing television. - (static)

It's spelled "LRPD", but it's pronounced "mumble"!
55 ms