And in the normal relations in Bizness-2K: it appears that this is the relationship most prominently missing, at least in most of the horror tales as wend their ways into IWE-print.

You can't respect a 'superior' who doesn't know shit / and or / behaves in adolescent ways towards the unfortunates 'below'. And of course too, such a one - prolly has little self-respect for knowing (in most cases?) that s/he really has passed his level-of competence.. \ufffd l\ufffd Mr. Peter and his Principle.

I suppose that we don't hear enough of the beneficent stories, but I'd think that anyone in IT would want to share those - just to keep hope alive that, 'techno' does not *necessarily* breed only the lowest forms of human behavior!

..because that IS my impression overall, and after {migawd!} >5 years of hearing gothic tales of really shitty behaviour - of people being treated literally as commodities. Most of these have been from US of course - where anti-intellect hydrochloride appears to be a chemical in the water, so I have no useful impressions of the way it is in the more civilized (and civil) countries.

Or is 'road rage' rampant elsewhere, too? (It is certainly a symptom of a failing culture - wherever it would be found; just as is rampant drug use the last resort of those who Hate what their daily environment is like)

If I told too many of my 'big science' stories from >15 years ago, it would sound too much like gloating {sigh}. You poor bastards.. when comes the Revolt over revolting conditions? It was too late, after a one goes Postal...

Ashton