IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The government just bailed Bank of America out again
http://finance.fortu...s-back-door-tarp/
According to the WSJ, Fannie Mae spent $500 million to buy the servicing rights to a big chunk of the "seven million loans still causing the most problems." Although the $500 million is a paper loss to BofA, in that the rights were "originally worth more," it looks like BofA is still getting a good deal because the portfolio's "value is expected to deteriorate further."

In fact, the deal is worth much more than $500 million to BofA, because getting rid of those servicing rights lifts a huge cost burden off BofA's shoulders. And if securitized loans are involved, which they most likely are, the sale also limits the BofA's potential liability to investors for its current servicing violations. Finally, the $500 million is surely more than the servicing rights are worth in an arms-length transaction. How do we know? Beyond the comment that the loans are expected to "deteriorate further," the goal of the intervention can only be to fix Bank of America's capital structure, which is easier for the government to do if it overpays for the rights.

A back door bailout, with the government having Fannie Mae overpay BofA for something BofA wanted to get rid of.

Jay
New BofA to Rick Perry: "We will help you out"

Should we be surprised, frightened, disgusted or simply say "we knew it", that in the informal mixer just after Texas Governor and Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry spoke at a Politics and Eggs breakfast in Bedford, New Hampshire, an unknown gentlemen approaches a casual Perry like an Ian Flemming character, and proceeds to dead drop the following: "Bank of America... We will help you out"... and silently moves on. At least we know now who is funding what, and whose interests potential future president Perry will be paid to defend.

And for those who believe the man is a plant, we believe it is James Mahoney, Director of Public Policy for BoA. You can see a photo of him here. He's on the board of directors for the New England Council, the sponsors of yesterday's Politics and Eggs breakfast.

Full video can be seen at CSPAN, here. http://c-spanvideo.o...howFullAbstract=1

http://videocafe.cro...-will-help-you-ou

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
     The government just bailed Bank of America out again - (jay) - (1)
         BofA to Rick Perry: "We will help you out" - (lincoln)

I hope you don't mind if I don't read this. I don't know if it's going where I don't want it to be going, but if it is going there, I *don't* want to go there, so the best place for me to be is here, not there, and here is where I'm staying.
*puts on blinders*
*whistles very loudly*
*claws out own eyes*
100 ms