IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And what of Islam in the 7th Century?
I can only wish that the Muslims would get medieval on us. At that point they were the most civilized people on the planet. And not even bad by modern standards, other than we now pretend to depricate war, and they didn't.

Actually, if I recall the timeline correctly, in the 7th Century they had The Man himself running the show while writing The Book.

History. Not what one would expect. Even if you are a history geek.

The one lesson that runs through all of it was verified by fossil remains: we haven't changed noticeably in a hell of a long time. Thog Tigerbiter*, who figured out that whole fire thing had a brain the about same size as Einstein's, the cousin painting in those caves had one the same size as Picasso's (and the results were amazingly similar) and whoever figured out that whacking a hollow log with a stick makes a pleasing sound (and some hollow logs are better than others) had a brain as large as Wolfgang Amadeus'.

----------------------
* Obviously, I'm guessing his or her name.
---------------------------------------
Badass! (and delicious)
New I think from 929 to 1031 was the peak of the civilization
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Re: And what of Islam in the 7th Century?
To the extent I had a college major (it's complicated) four decades ago, it was mediaeval history. And yes, Spain under the Moors was far the most civilized spot in Western Europe. The proto-Arabs to whom the Prophet addressed The Book were a savage, warlike, idolatrous lot, and required a century or so, and some dynastic oversight, before Islam became a domesticating social glue.

cordially,
     The Chinook crash, and little Braydon - (rcareaga) - (10)
         And what of Islam in the 7th Century? - (mhuber) - (2)
             I think from 929 to 1031 was the peak of the civilization -NT - (boxley)
             Re: And what of Islam in the 7th Century? - (rcareaga)
         Indifference to cause/effect can be measured, too. - (Ashton) - (3)
             OT: Maybe GoogleTrends. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Perfect delving, as usual! - (Ashton)
                 Thanks for this find, Scott - (dmcarls)
         I suspect it might not mean much, coming from me. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             I find that each decade has its horror-[rel. maximum] - (Ashton)
             on the contrary, mmoffitt... - (rcareaga)

I can use his toes to plug my holes.
37 ms