IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Study finds British NHS among most efficent in world
http://www.guardian....t-health-services
The NHS is one of the most cost-effective health systems in the developed world, according to a study (pdf) published in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine.

The "surprising" findings show the NHS saving more lives for each pound spent as a proportion of national wealth than any other country apart from Ireland over 25 years. Among the 17 countries considered, the United States healthcare system was among the least efficient and effective.

Essential making the point that despite rising costs in recent years, the NHS still spends less per person and saves more lives relative to the economy and population of UK then most countries. Not surprisingly, the other end of the spectrum is filled by the US, which spends more for less effect because of bloated overhead.

Jay
New I'm suspicious
The objective of the report is
To test the hypothesis that the USA healthcare system was
superior to the NHS and 17 other Western countries in reducing feasible
mortality rates over the period 1979–2005.

The British know US healthcare is a joke. MPs accuse each other of creating the US system in Parliament as cheap putdowns. Are the authors really thin skinned so that they might fudge something?
--------------------------------------------
Matthew Greet

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
     Study finds British NHS among most efficent in world - (jay) - (1)
         I'm suspicious - (warmachine)

Like when you're stuck in a traffic jam for an hour only to learn that the root cause was somebody on the roadside losing a piece of their McGriddle between their plump thighs.
34 ms