IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anybody see the new thunderchickens?
Looks like retro doublenickel styling with a hardtop convertable although when I saw the price tag I would rather buy a 55 it would be cheaper.
[link|http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/thunderbird/360/|oooohhh!]
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New What, they're only out now?? Been in car mags for 2-3 years.
New Oh, and the "porthole" rear side window don't really work...
...on that "55-style" model -- it's from the much later, larger, "edgy-lines"[*] early-to-mid-60's model.

[*]: Izzat where they got the "new edge" style, of a couple years ago, from?
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New Seconded - I think!
A local friend had a '56 turquoise T-Bird til about 10 years ago. Ashamed to say that, while I occasionally borrowed it just for the fun of living-retro for an afternoon:

Can only say I think.. it sported those portholes on the hardtop, and they definitely didn't open. "I think" because I also saw other hardtops not on a car - in those days. Maybe some early ones had No portholes? IIRC too - only the '55-6s were deemed by the cognoscenti as pursang as, ~'57 they started gussying it up with vestigial fins and the like.

I tried a few "sports car" maneuvers (like.. a hard left onto a road, with no one around - at speed) and deemed it a POS re any idea of 'handling' = fishtail all the way. It was only a Murican sporty-car which by comparison with the norm - was a bit less.. Too-big, Too-heavy, Too-sloppy spring rates and damping yada yada.

Still.. people would wave and stuff.. {sheesh}

Now if I can nail that '48 Frazer.. put it next to the Cisitalia :-\ufffd

Ashton
     Anybody see the new thunderchickens? - (boxley) - (3)
         What, they're only out now?? Been in car mags for 2-3 years. -NT - (CRConrad)
         Oh, and the "porthole" rear side window don't really work... - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Seconded - I think! - (Ashton)

Aim towards the Enemy.
61 ms