IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Captain America surprisingly good
Captain America is a surprisingly good movie. It's not deep or subtle mind you, but it is fun if you don't think about it too hard. Marvel seems to have figured out the formula for their more cartoonish characters, having hit it just right with both Thor and Captain America. Concentrate on a simple formulistic rendering of the characters story, make sure the acting is adequate, the fighting is good and the whole movie is fun.

A key to both is that the main villain has a better actor then the main hero. Both the Red Skull and Loki are obviously insane, but in rather different ways. Yet both really carry the movie, as they do more to drive the story then the hero does and their acting does more to set the tone.

Jay
New Agreed.
Wife and I went to see it last week-end. I'd add to what made it a good time the fact that Tommy Lee Jones was in it. I don't think I've ever regretted seeing a movie with Al Gore's old college room mate in it. ;0)
New That's true of most of the Batman movies, too
If I were an actor, being a bad guy in a Batman movie would be on my bucket list.
--

Drew
     Captain America surprisingly good - (jay) - (2)
         Agreed. - (mmoffitt)
         That's true of most of the Batman movies, too - (drook)

This massage will self-rubout within a trice.
48 ms