IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Spam rates decline for first time in internet history
http://www.itworld.c...-there-place-spam
But lately a ray of light has cut through all the gloom. Spam -- the Internet's original sin -- dropped for the first time ever at the end of 2010. In September, Cisco System's IronPort group was tracking 300 billion spam messages per day. By April, the volume had shrunk to 34 billion per day, a remarkable decline. "The largest spam-sending botnets are being shut down and a lot of the big pharmaceutical spam has disappeared," said Nilesh Bhandari, a product manager with Cisco.

Everybody using spam filters and increasingly aggressive moves against the large botnets has turned things against the spammers. The effort required to outwit the filters means it's now too hard and expensive for the small scale spammers. At the other end, the big botnets have come under attack, cutting into that end of the market. It isn't going away entirely of course, but for the moment it seems the glory days of the spammers is past.

Jay
New not so much less as more targeted
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Quite simply, the yield is dropping.
And that is really the only solution. It might be profitable to get one order from a million emails. But not one order from 10 million emails because so many are filtered out nowz. So they just give up. Bang: another 10 million spam emails not sent.

That's a win. :-)

Wade.
Static Scribblings http://staticsan.blogspot.com/
     Spam rates decline for first time in internet history - (jay) - (2)
         not so much less as more targeted -NT - (boxley)
         Quite simply, the yield is dropping. - (static)

My head feels like a frisbee.
52 ms