IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Saw a Chevy Volt on the road yesterday.
They do exist. ;-) It was white, driving south on the GW Parkway.

It looks sort of like a wide Prius from the rear. I'm not fond of it, but I think most new cars these days are needlessly large.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yeah, the Prius doesn't stand out at much as it used to.
Its body shape really was leading edge design once upon a time, I'm surprised to type.

I'm starting to see trends for subtly wider and bigger cars, too. Audi's Q7 is much bigger than you think, for instance - try parking next to one. But I notice it when comparing the inside of my Lancer to my 924...

Wade.
Static Scribblings http://staticsan.blogspot.com/
New a friend's wife has one
I've seen photos of it on Facebook, but haven't seen it in person yet as they've been busy the past year with a new daughter. Just got an evite for her first birthday party, so I'll get to check it out the first weekend in August and see how she likes it.
New Your most recent TTAC link raised many comments on Hyarge
As in, unnecessarily bloated; total unconcern for the virtues of a size of, say a '90s Integra: for sheer maneuverability
--the hard-to-see-out-of stylish gimcracks + bloated outsides (oft with smaller insides!) of these designer wet-dreams now hitting market
sans any sufficiency of brutal-feedback from actual ordinary users.

(My Acura Plutocrat is Example 1: rear 3/4 is a mystery, leaving only OS-mirrors for parking, etc.)
Additionally, the absence of visible ref. points at extremes of an expanse of hood + mondo-slope windshield
== should-be unnecessary calculations, in routine maneuvers. Open road? who cares.
City: better have good binocular vision. Duhh, 'designers'.

Looks like this phenom isn't going away soon.
New Re: "no visible reference points" preach it
--

Drew
     Saw a Chevy Volt on the road yesterday. - (Another Scott) - (4)
         Yeah, the Prius doesn't stand out at much as it used to. - (static)
         a friend's wife has one - (SpiceWare)
         Your most recent TTAC link raised many comments on Hyarge - (Ashton) - (1)
             Re: "no visible reference points" preach it -NT - (drook)

Brought to you by the Tennessee Valley Authority!
186 ms