IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Uncultured" Microsoft President gets Ax
Hailed as bringing a "more mature management style" on the way in, Rick Belluzzo is described as having "never fully adapted to the Microsoft culture" on the way out. In other words, he never completely adjusted to a life of rape and pillage, retained some nagging remanents of ethics, and a slight discomfort with violating laws.

Belluzzo will not be replaced. Essentially, Steve Balmer has eliminated parental guidence between himself and the kids running the business units.

While The Register was more literal, the Wall Street Journal and the Los Angeles Times correctly interpreted the corporate double-speak and reported the departure as "not entirely voluntary". Corperate presidents are never fired - they "resign to pursue personal interests".

Standard procedures will be followed to make this look more orderly for the stock market - it has been announced that Belluzzo will stay on until September "to assure a smooth transition". Yeah, right - his desk has probably already been cleaned out, his login accounts deactivated and his photo posted at the guard booth.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New I bet he did not learn the Gorilla Romp, either! :)
Alex

"Never express yourself more clearly than you think." -- Neils Bohr (1885-1962)
New A victim of his own simplisme?
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Truth is that which is the case. Accept no substitutes.
If competence is considered "hubris" then may I and my country always be as "arrogant" as we can possibly manage.
New Could it be that Ballmer is simply loved by..
All those cutthroat "climbed the Corp ladder with heaped dead burnt bodies along the Way" Winners - at the Top of the Corporate heap? Surely M$ is fully aware of who makes buying decisions and.. what they are like. They don't listen to Beethoven.

Were some discord interposed between the cubicle-barbarians and the Richest-barbarians outside: this might be taken as a sign of M$ capitulating to er law, order and civilization (!) Clearly Not an advantage face-to-face on the golf course. Would you read Emerson to Captain Kidd?

Just smart bizness-2002 Success, I'd guess. They're being conservative of - what works. Compassionate too - not one machine gun has been used in the killing-off of a competitor. Not one! You have to admire restraint where you find it. Hitler loved his little dog Blondi, too.

Ashton
(IIRC, it wasn't a good idea to toss a crust of moldy bread to an inmate, when visiting a concentration camp with Himmler, either..) Same deal - different suit style is all.
New How do you know . .
. . Captain Kidd wouldn't like Emerson?

If I recall correctly, Captain Kidd was another victim of the powers that be, hauled in, tried and hanged on trumped up charges. The government papers he claimed to be operating under turned up in an atorney's desk a few days after the hanging.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New An unfortunate choice on my part :(
I think I have a fuzzy recollection too, now that you mention it, of YAN govt. betrayal for the appearance of "doing something". Damn - 'history' keeps getting written by the Winners!

OK then, The Beast of Belsen for a stand-in.. (or maybe Howard Stern? - betcha he thinks Emerson was an old vac. tube radio.)
New baba booey
I think that Stern might be a little brighter than he is given credit for.
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
     "Uncultured" Microsoft President gets Ax - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
         I bet he did not learn the Gorilla Romp, either! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         A victim of his own simplisme? -NT - (marlowe)
         Could it be that Ballmer is simply loved by.. - (Ashton) - (3)
             How do you know . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 An unfortunate choice on my part :( - (Ashton) - (1)
                     baba booey - (boxley)

Mandatory cayenne enemas would have the same effect.
44 ms