IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Looks good. I'd have to skip one ingredient, though. ;-)
New me too
a couple years ago I started breaking out in hives after eating shrimp :-(
New With me, I think it's the particular shrimp
Several times, in a period 10 to 15 years ago, my lips would swell up like a Ubangi after eating shrimp. Strong antihistamines would knock it back down, so I'm assuming an allergic reaction. I've never had the problem with farmed shrimp from a known source. I'm guessing that the shrimp (who are scavengers) picked up some toxin that I'm sensitive to, in the wild. It's only happened a few times in a relatively short period, and it hasn't resurfaced, so I'm not about to abstain. I did receive all sorts of dire warnings but I guess I just don't take dire that seriously any more either. Oh well...
New same here
Because of the inconsistency, it took me a while to figure out it was shrimp causing the problem. I try them every few months and it's a coin toss as to whether or not I'll break out. I keep Benadryl on hand for it.

My dad had a similar problem a while back. It eventually stopped happening, so I'm hoping it'll go away for me as well.
New One of the benefits of age
The immune system begins to fail.

Which means it fails to go berserk for no good reason. Allergies often lessen or go away with age.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New Well I've got that to look forward to, then
--

Drew
New Oh come on...
Tongue isn't bad at all.
     Mac-and-Cheese . . . well, sort of. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
         Looks good. I'd have to skip one ingredient, though. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
             me too - (SpiceWare) - (4)
                 With me, I think it's the particular shrimp - (hnick) - (3)
                     same here - (SpiceWare) - (2)
                         One of the benefits of age - (mhuber) - (1)
                             Well I've got that to look forward to, then -NT - (drook)
             Oh come on... - (folkert)

¡Despierte, Estupido-idiota!
92 ms