IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Infidelity among powerful women matches men
http://www.psycholog...trump-gender.html
The study revealed two key discoveries to why powerful people cheat. First, there is a strong association between power and confidence and that the amount of confidence a person has is the strongest link between power and unfaithfulness. Second, the researchers found that among powerful people gender made no difference in past digressions or the participants’ desires to cheat.

Unlike some, I never expected there to be a big difference between powerful men and powerful women, so this doesn't surprise me. That there is no significant difference is a bit unexpected, I was expecting a bit of left over culture effect, but I guess women aggressive enough to succeed in business today are the type to cut through such things.

Jay
New Two things not mentioned
First is that self-confidence is attractive. Powerful people tend to be self-confident, which means powerful people most likely have more opportunities.

Second is that power itself is attractive, to some people, which provides another population of opportunities.

I suspect it's hard to overestimate the correlation between opportunities to cheat and incidence of cheating.
--

Drew
New I wouldn't draw too many inferences from this...
large, anonymous internet survey of 1561 individuals [...] survey was targeted to readers of a weekly magazine that was geared toward professionals.

Self-selection bias? "Why yes, I'm CEO and buy/specify/influence purchases of $1B/yr - why do you ask?"

Remember InfoWorld? ;-p

How many people read weekly magazines anymore?

How many "powerful" women were there? How many "powerful" men?

I could see an awful lot of ways that this survey might have problems.

That said, in the highest power positions, I don't doubt that there might be similar sexual dynamics. It's just that the sample numbers are very highly skewed at that level...

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Infidelity among powerful women matches men - (jay) - (2)
         Two things not mentioned - (drook)
         I wouldn't draw too many inferences from this... - (Another Scott)

As you can see, Hydrogen is pretty energetic.
35 ms