IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I was salaried working for C&L
Back when they were C&L and not PWHC.

Anything over 40 hours we put in an overtime bank. After 1000 hours in the bank, we got overtime. I forget what happened to the 1000 hours at the end of the year.

Presumably a Big 6 (back when they were the big 6) accounting firm would know what they were doing with employment law...
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Depends on the company and the boss
If you have a special skill set (as most of the posters here do), then the work is never done and there is no one else to easily assign it to.

So even if the boss has slack in his a budget, it usually isn't enough for another employee, and certainly not the same skill/experience/ability of most coders. If he did, then he'd assign different work to them unless the project is deemed a 2 man job. After a while working solo on a project, it CANNOT be handed off to someone else without a training / acclimation period where far less work is getting done.

No matter how good they are.

So the boss will always push for more time spent to hit the deadlines. If he can push salaried employees to do it for free, and isn't a buddy, and the company doesn't have a firm policy against it, he will.
     Martin proposes a fix for the US Economy. - (Another Scott) - (8)
         why the hate on the old people? - (boxley) - (1)
             Heh. - (Another Scott)
         Smart guy - (drook)
         Actual enforcement of 40 hour work week would help a lot - (jay) - (4)
             exempt employees are salary only - (boxley) - (3)
                 Not necessarily so. - (folkert)
                 I was salaried working for C&L - (malraux) - (1)
                     Depends on the company and the boss - (crazy)

This buffer is for notes you don't want to save, and for Lisp evaluation.
36 ms