IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ::shrug:: Maybe
As I have reason to know from recent experience, drug users will ::gasp choke:: use drugs. The place where they do so is a matter of convenience. I, personally, think the drug laws are stupid and counterproductive -- but there they are.

This law, as written, does not require that the family be kicked out if a member uses drugs. It does, however, allow managers of the housing complexes to make such a rule. It's a pity the whole thing wound up in the Supreme Court; it sounds like we had a hardass manager who made the whole thing worse than it needed to be. But if we're going to have a War on Drugs, this sort of thing makes sense as part of it.

Whether the War on Drugs makes sense, a priori, is an entirely different kettle of disgusting substances.
Regards,
Ric
New No disagreement on the "war".
Leaving aside whether the "war on drugs" is sane or productive or whatever ...

It's a pity the whole thing wound up in the Supreme Court; it sounds like we had a hardass manager who made the whole thing worse than it needed to be.
Yup. And the way this law is written, such can be the case again. I'd say we'll be seeing more stories like this in the future.
     Supremes uphold eviction law - (Silverlock) - (5)
         Saw that. Are you surprised? - (Ashton) - (4)
             An OpEd you might find interesting. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Right decision, wrong process. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                     ::shrug:: Maybe - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                         No disagreement on the "war". - (Brandioch)

I promise you that if I am compelled to turn to the Dark Side on this issue you will come to yearn for the suave ripostes of CRConrad.
57 ms