IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New been watching the remastered version
They took the original negatives and scanned them in at HD, then updated the special effects. They look awesome on blu-ray, and you can toggle between original & new effects while watching. I'm still on season 1, will pick up season 2 when I'm done.

If I recall correctly, the behind-the-scenes video mentioned that there were only 17 shots of the Enterprise that were reused for the 3 years. For the new shots they sometimes show it just like the original shot and other times they showed things that were only mentioned on screen, like other ships alongside the Enterprise or the deploying of the satellites in Operation — Annihilate!.

Unlike Star Wars (Han shot first!), the remastered Star Trek has been well accepted by the fans.
New "Remastered" != "Re-edited"
--

Drew
New both use "remastered"
though both changed scenes (the afore mentioned satellite scene replaced other footage so the run time would remain the same), and both added new elements to existing scenes. As such I would consider them both re-edited.

With Star Trek they also did a "true remastering" (the original, but cleaned up footage, is available) - but unlike the Star Wars fans, the Star Trek fans have been very accepting of the edits to the scenes.
New Must have been less heavy-handed
The Han/Greedo scene was a pretty fundamental change to that character.
--

Drew
     Original Star Trek is still fun - (mhuber) - (4)
         been watching the remastered version - (SpiceWare) - (3)
             "Remastered" != "Re-edited" -NT - (drook) - (2)
                 both use "remastered" - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                     Must have been less heavy-handed - (drook)

The rest of the nutzo stuff du jour.
45 ms