IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 'The best remakes of all time..'
http://www.salon.com...ium%2529_7_30_110

Matt Zoller Seitz makes his case, possessing the vocabulary so to do ...

This slide show was sparked by the seemingly never-ending waves of remakes coming at us via TV and movies -- a phenomenon that includes everything from "Clash of the Titans," "Alice in Wonderland," "The A-Team," "The Crazies" and "Let Me In" to a spate of recent TV productions: CBS' "Hawaii Five-O," AMC's "The Killing," HBO's "Mildred Pierce" and the new "Upstairs Downstairs" (which is technically a continuation, with a couple of characters from the original, but feels like a stealth reboot).

Most of these projects are driven mainly by commerce, and an awful lot of them feel whorish, pointless and trite. But once in awhile you see a remake that truly does seem to have an identity apart from the original -- like a cover of a beloved pop song that makes you see the source in a new light, and perhaps even supplants it in your memory. This slide show picks the most adventurous, exciting and (yes!) original remakes of all time -- 10 slides, 11 titles, with commentary explaining how they equal or exceed their predecessors. By all means, argue and nitpick and list your own favorites in the Letters section.

[. . .]

New A friend & I were talking about all the remakes today!
Along the similar lines of how most aren't worth it, but a few surprise you. I brought up that I'd been equally as impressed with Being Human on SyFy as with the original BBC series.

Never knew that about Airplane!
     'The best remakes of all time..' - (Ashton) - (1)
         A friend & I were talking about all the remakes today! - (SpiceWare)

What?!? They don't trust you with their knobs?!?
56 ms