IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New They also want a license for each VM install...
http://wskills.blogs...-and-virtual.html

A Software Assurance chit gets you up to 4 VMs with a desktop license, but all others need a license for each VM. Unless things have changed, YMMV, etc., etc.

As is usual with anything Windows, it's not straightforward. 7 apparently allows native and VM installs on the same PC, but each must be activated separately. I've just skimmed this thread which talks about differences between retail and OEM versions - it appears that users are able to get MS to give out the magic numbers for the VM install activation with an OEM version, but more evidence might be needed.

http://forums.macrum...read.php?t=827339

Nothing is easy, at least not if you want to be reasonably legal without giving MS more money than the least they'll accept...

Cheers,
Scott.
New My Version of WinXP
is OEM.

And its actually gone from being a VM on Linux, three different machines (and various versions)... and to OSX and three different versions.

I told it I moved it, which I really did.

I've never had a single problem with WGA.
New Excellent. Thanks.
     OEM WinXP+ in a VM on OSX - Re/Activation necessary? - (Another Scott) - (10)
         FYI... - (folkert) - (1)
             Thanks. I'll have to try XPHome and see how it goes. -NT - (Another Scott)
         It is points based - (scoenye) - (4)
             Great information. Thanks a bunch. -NT - (Another Scott)
             They also want a license for each VM install... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 My Version of WinXP - (folkert) - (1)
                     Excellent. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Well that's interesting. OS X really doesn't like 15 MB free - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Preferences -> Keyboard lets you change that - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                 Ah, nice. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

Press 1 for commentary. Press 2 for Customer Support. Press 3 for the llama department. Press 4 for the LRPD.
71 ms