IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New iPad app recommendations?
I had a couple failed attempts at getting an iPad 2. So my mom, who's currently visiting and gets up early (and still on Trinidad time on top of that!), decided to go hang out at the Apple Store this morning. She was 14th in line and was able to get a couple 32 GB WiFi models for my dad and I!

Any suggestions for apps to install?

I do have a warning: while the Sushi Backgammon game looks really cool, that's all it is - looks. There's no computer opponent, nor is there piece movement validation (so that's what the "Free moving game pieces" in the description meant...)
New Star Walk
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New downloading now, thanks! Mom was very impressed!
Expand Edited by SpiceWare March 23, 2011, 12:05:56 AM EDT
New I haven't downloaded a lot of apps...
My favorite on the iPad is probably Osmos. It comes with it. Google Earth is very good, too. I have downloaded a few free books, but haven't tried reading them yet.

You might end up looking at a different browser than Safari. Safari just up and quits for me every few days if I have 9 sites (the max) loaded. I've played a little with Atomic Lite and with iCabMobile. They each have issues - I haven't made the jump yet. Serious web browsing on the iPad v1 is still pretty immature, IMO.

It's still an amazing box, though. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Osmos is fun
have it on the Mac via Steam. Also have iPhone version, but not the iPad version. It didn't come with the iPad 2. The iPhone version is on my iPad, but it doesn't look as good as a native app would.

Have Google Earth already, as I have it on my iPhone. Unlike Osmos, it's a universal app so it looks great on the iPad.
New Plants vs Zombies is quite addicting
it's kept me up until 2 the past couple of nights.

http://itunes.apple..../id363282253?mt=8

I need to make sure not to play it tonight as I've got a late night tomorrow as I'm going to see Devo!

The DirecTV app is also phenomenal. You can use it as a remote (as a bonus, the receiver is significantly more responsive to the iPad than it is to the IR remote), plus it has interactive screens of what you're watching, whats on other channels and so on. If I was into sports I'd really apprecieate the sports display - it shows all the games, current scores, etc. The DVR recorded content list is really slick. When you're viewing anything that displays a show (such as the playlist or the currently watching) you can easily drill down to a lot of information on the show, the cast and so on, including upcoming shows that include a particular actor. The Guide is nice too, being able to search for shows without having to use the remote to select letters off the on TV keyboard is great. One thing I wish the DVR Playlist had was a "Watch on iPad" option.

http://itunes.apple..../id421547368?mt=8
New Are we not men?
New We Are Devo!

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Color me jealous
love those guys.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New VIP tickets too :-D
though I'm not sure what the extra $ I spent for the VIP tickets is going to get me. The friends I'm going with are hard core Devo fans.

Should be a fun experience no matter what :-)
New Looks like I get to meet the band!
http://www.clubdevo....-the-vip-tickets/

Photos! I've only uploaded the Meet & Greet photos so far, there will be more from the concert itself later today.
http://spiceware.org/gallery/devo2011
Expand Edited by SpiceWare March 26, 2011, 01:54:54 PM EDT
New Woot! Enjoy.
New Grrr ;-)
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Finished uploading the photos
http://spiceware.org/gallery/devo2011

Some of the iPhone photos turned out fairly well so I posted those to my facebook album as well (this link is supposed to work w/out a Facebook account)

http://www.facebook....2915&l=6869687e9e
Expand Edited by SpiceWare March 26, 2011, 03:52:03 PM EDT
New V V COOL!!!!!!!!!!!
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
New Both links workie. Looks like a great time! Thanks.
New I'm Jealous, you lucky bastard!
New Grrr...again :-)
Glad you had a good time!
New AirPrint Activator
Handy - turns on AirPrint support in your Mac so your iPad and other iOS devices can print to your Mac's shared printer.

http://netputing.com...t-activator-v2-0/
New Interesting. (Make sure to read the comments.) Thanks.
New Back atcha
Mike's tip is better!
There is also the “find on page” feature in the standard search drop down box. After a page loads click the search box, enter the text you are looking for and scroll down to find on page. It brings up an interface, zooms in and highlights matches on the page.
New One definitely for you
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery (yes, that's how it's spelled)

Pixelated, indie music, quirky story.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Thank! downloading now
     iPad app recommendations? - (SpiceWare) - (23)
         Star Walk -NT - (malraux) - (1)
             downloading now, thanks! Mom was very impressed! -NT - (SpiceWare)
         I haven't downloaded a lot of apps... - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Osmos is fun - (SpiceWare)
         Plants vs Zombies is quite addicting - (SpiceWare) - (12)
             Are we not men? -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 We Are Devo! -NT - (lincoln)
             Color me jealous - (beepster) - (9)
                 VIP tickets too :-D - (SpiceWare) - (8)
                     Looks like I get to meet the band! - (SpiceWare) - (7)
                         Woot! Enjoy. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Grrr ;-) -NT - (beepster)
                         Finished uploading the photos - (SpiceWare) - (4)
                             V V COOL!!!!!!!!!!! -NT - (Bman)
                             Both links workie. Looks like a great time! Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             I'm Jealous, you lucky bastard! -NT - (folkert)
                             Grrr...again :-) - (beepster)
         AirPrint Activator - (SpiceWare)
         Find for Safari - (SpiceWare) - (2)
             Interesting. (Make sure to read the comments.) Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Back atcha - (SpiceWare)
         One definitely for you - (malraux) - (1)
             Thank! downloading now -NT - (SpiceWare)

See. All my little jokes have layers upon layers.
184 ms