IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New True but
Most of the Might and Magic games where hard to start but M & M 9 sets some new standards.

The first quest is an unavoidable 'get off the island after a shipwreck' quest. The problem is that there is no way to build your characters before doing this quest, it is almost litterally the first thing that happens after you leave the starting town.

Between creating the characters and doing the first quest there is exactly one store, selling items which are either too expensive or useless because you don't have the skills to use it. What little gear you start with depends on the 4 starting skills you pick, and is largely worthless.

The end result that is you may end up doing the first quest with some characters that have no weapons or armor at all.

However, having been forced to start over due to a game bug I can say this. Don't worry about the other stuff, assign all of your characters bow as a starting skill, including the mages. This makes the first island resonable, otherwise your liable to have to do a save / move / fight / save loop to get through.

Jay
New I actually finished M&M 6
Or was that M&M 7? But it took a long time. Nowdays, games like EverCrack or (more recently) Dark Age of Camelot are beginning to crowd out these classic single-player RPG's.

I hear that Heroes of Might and Magic 4 is either out or coming out Real Soon Now, also. (sigh) Love both series but dammit, where is the time to actually play them?
"I didn't know you could drive to Europe." -- An eavesdropper, piping in when he overheard a conversation about someone who had driven to Montreal.
New That's where Neverwinter Nights comes in...
...all that classic "single player" goodness crossed with the "massive" (up to 32 or 64, probably 64 at this point, players on a single server) for the end user.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     Might and Magic - (JayMehaffey) - (8)
         Oh god another time sink - (wharris2) - (3)
             Know what you meant about time-sinks... - (Meerkat) - (2)
                 Finished Bard's Tale once... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     Wizardy and Bard's Tale - (orion)
         Might and Magic difficulty... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
             True but - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
                 I actually finished M&M 6 - (wharris2) - (1)
                     That's where Neverwinter Nights comes in... - (inthane-chan)

When things get freaky... and get NASTY... blame it on the BOOGIE!
35 ms