IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New All nighter (or so I thought)
New project, 22 million record base, CRAP IO, lots of pain.

I could do nothing until I had a bunch of indexes, and those took ~3-4 minutes each. And looking for both OLD/NEW/Field info meant I needed to index twice for each field that I wanted to query. If I to try to do any type of complete list of fields, I'd be here for the next 2 days just indexing.

And the board meeting is 9AM, they need the report, or the project is possibly canceled.

So I started a limited set of indexes to give me a decent baseline of fields, and let it grind.

I knew I couldn't do anything until done, and went to sleep, setting my alarm for 4AM (estimated ETA, but impossible to predict).

I popped out of bed at 2:41, made coffee, and logged in at 2:45. The indexing had completed at 2:41. Exactly. The moment I woke up. On the dot. Last timestamp on file.

It was calling me.
New must be the strings
Spooky.
New The hard drives stopped spinning and the silence woke you
--

Drew
New have had that happen before
though it was my C= floppy drives that had stopped spinning because my BBS had crashed.
New From 8 miles away?
Don't think so.

I just got berated for about a minute since the only obvious thing that I produced was a report close to a week ago.

And then the outstanding list of things, the incredible important stuff, the stuff needed for the meeting, the stuff that was fully impossible to generate a week ago, well, that, I then generated on demand with a couple of SQL queries.
While they waited. For them to walk into the meeting with.

I really hate being berated for pulling off the miraculous, when it starts out as just plain impossible, at least for the equipment and baseline tools available.
New You've got really good hearing?
--

Drew
     All nighter (or so I thought) - (crazy) - (5)
         must be the strings - (Steve Lowe)
         The hard drives stopped spinning and the silence woke you -NT - (drook) - (3)
             have had that happen before - (SpiceWare)
             From 8 miles away? - (crazy) - (1)
                 You've got really good hearing? -NT - (drook)

I don't get no respect!
43 ms