IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I wasn't clear.
I meant the SEP GUI on Win7. They use dumbed-down descriptions of various options so it's hard to know what exactly it's doing (I just want it to check my e-mail for viruses, not make the world safe for Democracy).

Yes, I don't like the Win7 GUI much either (WTF does it take a quarter to half the desktop to show a window with 2 choices?). Indeed, the Task Manager can show more information than 2k or XP. There are lots of stupid things about the GUI, though. The 3D Text screen saver only accepts a maximum of 20 characters. And you can't (by default) "pin" a folder to the Taskbar (though there are work-arounds). If you put the Taskbar on the right edge of your screen, then the "Pinned" buttons take up the whole width of the Taskbar when active (unlike the "quick access" buttons (or whatever they were called) in 2k and XP, so you can only have a single column of such apps now. And you can't (by default) define "hot corners" for the screen savers. And (after 20+ years) the text screen saver still flickers. And ...

Don't get me started on Office 2007.... ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: I wasn't clear.
O2k7 does take adjustment. Over time though, its improvements far outweigh the one or 2 truly idiotic changes
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New As long as you like light blue, silver, or black... :-/
New Re: As long as you like light blue, silver, or black... :-/
I generally don't get hung up on the color scheme of my apps...more interested in what they actually do.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New I don't have the eyes of an 18-year-old any more... ;-)
     Suggested Windows AV? - (malraux) - (13)
         I'm using Symantec Endpoint Protection at work. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             Re: I'm using Symantec Endpoint Protection at work. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                 I wasn't clear. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Re: I wasn't clear. - (beepster) - (3)
                         As long as you like light blue, silver, or black... :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Re: As long as you like light blue, silver, or black... :-/ - (beepster) - (1)
                                 I don't have the eyes of an 18-year-old any more... ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             My condolances to the admin(s)... -NT - (scoenye)
         For a personal machine? - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Agreed. And it's free. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         I usually bat such a question back. - (static) - (1)
             Make sure you have enough memory - (lincoln)
         Thanks all. -NT - (malraux)

Research conducted at the University of Oxford has proven conclusively that a cat on a table will inevitably push anything on it off the edge and onto the floor.

“The only obvious conclusion that we have been able to come to is that the Earth must be ball shaped, or cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.”
71 ms