IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anyone with mailing list experience?
I have an Ubuntu-based Linode which hosts a few websites for Mavelous Web Design, and I'd like to set up and configure some mailing list software for some of my clients. I've already apt-get install'ed mailman, and attempted to follow directions, but none of the emails that the server says it's sending upon configuration of a list ever make it anywhere that I can tell.

If anyone has experience with either mailman or another similar piece of software for creating and administering mailing lists, I'd appreciate some insight.

Preferably, it'll have a web-based management system, allow multiple administrators per list, and be able to support multiple domain names on the same server without any hint in the admin side that there are other domains here.
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New No real experience with them.
I'd just be spouting propaganda.
New When has that ever stopped you before? :-)
--

Drew
New hrmpf!
Plenty of times.
New Re: Anyone with mailing list experience?
Is this a failure of your MTA or the mailing list software?

Can you send mail from this box otherwise?

Seems daft to fart about with the mailing list software if it's not that that's broken.
New Re: Anyone with mailing list experience?
Is this a failure of your MTA or the mailing list software?

I'm not 100% sure.

Can you send mail from this box otherwise?

Yes, I am 100% sure that's possible. This box has exim installed on it, and it allows me to forward all my emails I send from home through it, since most domains believe that my home IP address is "dynamic" (though I've had the same IP for 10 years now.)

Seems daft to fart about with the mailing list software if it's not that that's broken.

I concur.
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
     Anyone with mailing list experience? - (mvitale) - (5)
         No real experience with them. - (folkert) - (2)
             When has that ever stopped you before? :-) -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 hrmpf! - (folkert)
         Re: Anyone with mailing list experience? - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Re: Anyone with mailing list experience? - (mvitale)

What kind of monster says “take care”?
75 ms