IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Heritage Foundation bashes its own health care ideas

after Obama embraces them

Lee Fang does the legwork on the Heritage Foundation’s disdain for ObamaCare provisions they supported in RomneyCare:

– Heritage On Romney’s Individual Mandate: “Not an unreasonable position, and one that is clearly consistent with conservative values.” [Heritage, 1/28/06]

– Heritage On President Obama’s Individual Mandate: “Both unprecedented and unconstitutional.” [Heritage, 12/9/09]

– Heritage On Romney’s Insurance Exchange: An “innovative mechanism to promote real consumer choice.” [Heritage, 4/20/06]

– Heritage On President Obama’s Insurance Exchange: Creates a “de facto public option” by “grow[ing]” government control over healthcare.” [Heritage, 3/30/10]

– Heritage On Romney’s Medicaid Expansion: Reduced “the total cost to taxpayers” by taking people out of the “uncompensated care pool.” [Heritage, 1/28/06]

– Heritage On President Obama’s Medicaid Expansion: Expands a “broken entitlement program,” providing a “low-quality, poorly functioning program.” [Heritage, 3/30/10]

What’s more is that Heritage crafted these ideas in a 2003 report called “Laying the Groundwork for Universal Health Care Coverage.” The theory was to use government subsidies and an individual mandate — coupled with exchanges to pool risk — to expand coverage.

Both Romney and now Obama used this exact approach in their health laws (and as I wrote in The Guardian yesterday, Romney is having a hard time distinguishing the two bills.)

Heritage claims to be a “nonpartisan” outlet to “promote conservative public policies.” But its hard to look at this and conclude that it’s anything but a partisan apparatus whose primary goal is GOP electoral victory.

This is the same organization which this week decided that Obama has downgraded America from a “free” to a “mostly free” country, and is preparing to launch a new political arm to target Democrats.

http://trueslant.com...ma-embraces-them/

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New This is why I consider the majority of the US to be idiots
--------------------------------------------
Matthew Greet

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
     Heritage Foundation bashes its own health care ideas - (lincoln) - (1)
         This is why I consider the majority of the US to be idiots -NT - (warmachine)

5 out of 7, perfect.
98 ms