IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Xming is what I use
http://www.straightr...g.com/XmingNotes/
worksd with putty and is lightweight
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Just saw that last night
How does it compare to Cygwin?
--

Drew
New Since I have never liked Cygwin
because it used to be a total resource hog I couldnt tell you. Havnt used it in years
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New If it does as it says...
I'd go with that... unless you want the POSIX stuff'n'tools that come with Cygwin.

Also:

If you need help getting XDMCP working on it with a "DUMMY" X server on the Linux machine... I can help.
Expand Edited by folkert Feb. 2, 2011, 10:26:44 AM EST
Expand Edited by folkert Feb. 2, 2011, 10:26:44 AM EST
New What I want ...
With the Linux laptop, I SSH into the desktop upstairs, type the app name and it pops up locally. (X11 forwarding FTW)

I want to be able to do the same from the Windows install on the laptop. (It's dual-boot.) I can use Putty to SSH, but when I launch an app it needs an environment to launch in on the Windows box.
--

Drew
New then Xming is all you need
I use it to run a linux version of firefox on a server in my windows laptop so I can test an app locally without any network connections or routes getting in the way
New me too
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
     Is Citrix still the preferred way to do X on Windows? - (drook) - (13)
         Not Citrix.... - (folkert) - (1)
             Doh! Cygwin, that's what I meant - (drook)
         Xming is what I use - (boxley) - (6)
             Just saw that last night - (drook) - (4)
                 Since I have never liked Cygwin - (boxley)
                 If it does as it says... - (folkert) - (2)
                     What I want ... - (drook) - (1)
                         then Xming is all you need - (boxley)
             me too -NT - (beepster)
         Cywin X is a pain to setup - (crazy) - (3)
             Nifty -NT - (drook)
             I have to say... - (folkert) - (1)
                 yabbut you are someone who pulls his pud with dental floss - (boxley)

Yo yo yo yo yo y-y-y-y-yo.
120 ms